Saturday, January 31, 2009

Limping to work

Since my shifter I broken, I can only ride in the lowest gear in the rear. I have been taking the hilliest route possible to work this week, since I either am riding up steep hills, or coasting down. It is less frustrating than taking a flatter route. Coincidentally, this is the same route where my shifter exploded. I have been obsessed with finding it. Fortunately we have ever-growing daylight. My efforts were rewarded yesterday when I found it on my way home. I don't know what I will do with it-- maybe patch the shifter up until the one I ordered arrives.

I am frustrated with the bozos at Chain Reaction cycle. I emailed them along with my order reminding them specifically not to include shipping in the customs declaration-- otherwise I will pay a massive duty due to bizarre laws in Norway. Shipping places the order above 200 kr. I received a reply stating they cannot lie on a customs form. I am not asking them to lie. I am reminding them on the regulations--- something that is occasionally missed by ham-fisted web retailers. I will not be happy if I end up paying the post office on this one. And that is the trouble. Kiwi-- our version of the "Kwik-E-Mart" serves as our local post office. Throughout Christmas they struggled to find our packages. These folks are not people to negotiate with about improperly marked customs forms.

No comments: