Saturday, March 11, 2006

Autobahn= Massive Deja Vu

We are now renting a car and commuting between Bremen and Hannover in Germany for CeBIT. Germany is cool, except for all the Germans- but that, as is CeBIT are a different story that will be told at a later time. I have limited internet at the hotel- I can't log on to blog, but I can Skype. Go figure. Anyway, a few observations about the autobahn. They are the most perfectly designed freeways in the world. Are interstates are a mess compared to these. Secondly, who are these people that pass me like I am standing still when I am driving at 160 km/hr? At these speeds, the rental car feels like it is getting ready to take off. There are huge trucks driving half that speed- and things happen very fast. Finally, why is it that I am OK when I am driving as fast as I want, but very nervous when a coworker is behind the wheel? Actually, it has been snowing daily, so speeds have been reasonable. Anyway, back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is time to *try* being brilliant again... it may answer some of your questions.

xxx