Sunday, March 26, 2006

Then and Now

I really don't know when I will be in the US again. I would like to return for my class reunion over Labor Day weekend. I do not know how I will feel when I return. There are several things I miss about Minneapolis. I guess that is normal. It is compounded by the fact that we are still living in a tiny apartment, and I am still working on making new friends. Most of what I miss centers around the types of things that a metropolitan area of maybe 3 million people has to offer. Stavanger is a small town by comparison. But I can't get past the fact that it looks like we are living a better life here. I really miss the biking community of the Twin Cities. This part of the country is more mountain bike oriented. There does not appear to be the same sort of racing scene here either. But there is no point in me limiting my life's decisions based on bike racing- especially given my racing performance. I am guessing the Opus series will be starting up soon. I will really miss that. It was weekly and close to home- a race I am intimately familiar with. It is difficult to believe that in just two months, racers will be soaked with sweat as they go around Yellow Circle Drive over and over again. It is snowing again today.

No comments: