Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sunny Day Commute

It was so bright this morning that I felt like I was running late for work. No need for lights this time of year. There will be even more light tomorrow when we head to Alaska. I love this time of year.

I had a great commute this morning, although there was more traffic on the parkway than normal- probably because Crosstown is all but shut down between 35W and Cedar. I was half a block from home when I remembered I forgot to flip the wheel around, so I was running a 14 cog in the rear rather than my normal 16. I was flying with the wind at my back. On Mississippi Blvd. I encountered a road biker heading my way, which was a bit unusual. Again, it was nice having a 14, and I rode it out until I was east of downtown St. Paul. I didn't want to tackle the bluffs with it, so I stopped and flipped it. I also lubed my chain. Again. I love dry lube for my road bike, but I really need something more robust for all weather riding. I'll see what the experts at RBR.com have to say about this.

I'm already looking forward to the ride home. I should be able to work on my biker's tan. Summer might actually be here!

No comments: