Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Buying a Car

I won't go into too many details at this point, but we are breaking down and buying a car. The one we are borrowing just isn't reliable enough for even simple trips across town. I'd prefer to tough it out, but the stress of a bum car is getting to us. We need something, even though I easily take the bus to work. Eventually I will bike, but I am concerned about the laptop. Besides, work is a little too close to home to really commute. There is a very cool American-style health club just up the hill from work. We joined yesterday, receiving a nice discount from the office park where I work. Maybe tomorrow I will work out. While waiting for the bus today, a girl rode by on a horse, talking on her cell phone. It struck me as funny, for some reason.

2 comments:

Funknuggets said...

well, would look about as funny as a guy using a laptop on a bike.... there was one guy that was taking pictures and text messaging on a ride not too long ago.

Come on, worried about the laptop on a bike? Can't you just get a really nice case? Insure it... come on ADMIT IT, you miss your commute.

filtersweep said...

Hey, I DO miss my commute. I will eventually start commuting, as soon as I figure a few things out. The office building has a locker room in the basement. I have actually really gotten into taking the bus to work. There are no transfers, and the bus stops a block from home and drops me off a block from work.

I think we are buying a German car. That is as detailed as I will be at this point.