Monday, January 02, 2006

Dude, I Got a Dell

First day at work. I don't know where to begin. I received a Nokia N70 cell phone- which looks to cost more than $500 in the US. It is a bit extravagent for a "work phone", but who am I to complain. It does everything imaginable. I also have a new Dell laptop. The office building is great- it has a workout room and shower room in the basement- so maybe I'll really dress the part when I start biking to work.

My boss, the owner, started training me in Norwegian, saying he was afraid he would always speak English if he started off that way, but it quickly returned to English. While everyone knows English, the workplace is really in Norwegian, so I will have my work cut out for me. I am so thankful and yet amazed that he hired me.

It was a great day. I'm back to work. I wish I could write more, but I am exhausted- mentally. Besides, yet again, I will have a job where no one else really knows what exactly I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Grats. You are going to do very well. We all believe in you!!!

Anonymous said...

Grats. Glad to read things are really going your way.