Monday, May 30, 2005

Quest for a Helmet




We have the obligatory pet picture... now we can move on to the business at hand- another helmet.

Somehow, I really don't like the idea of dragging a top-shelf racing helmet into a bar after class, or dragging it into Lunds to buy groceries, or worst of all, locking it to my bike.

After taking a face plant last fall that happened so fast I was still clutching the bars as I hit, I'm a firm believer in helmets. Last week's Opus resulted in the banged up helmet of a teammate as he landed on the side of his head. My brain, for better or worse, is probably one of my better assets. As such, it deserves a bit of protection.

I am contemplating the antithesis to my Italian Selev and Limar racing helmets- the roundish "Citi" helmet by Bell. It screams of practicality. Better yet, it is dirt cheap.

No comments: