Friday, July 22, 2005

Mixing It Up

On the commute home, I decided to explore yet another alternative route. I took Randolf from Sheppard Road. I quickly learned it went uphill after 35E. I turned north on Lexington to catch Summit and took Mississippi Blvd to the Marshall Bridge. I considered following the river all the way through downtown to pick up the commuter trail near the homeless shelters, but I'd had enough hills for one day. Marshall turns into Lake, and I swear motorists have never seen a bike before on Lake Street. I caught Minnehaha to swing over the the Greenway at Hiawatha. I had planned to take Bryant home, but they just repaved it, and it was a pea gravel pit- so I followed the lakes home. At this point my cell phoned started ringing like crazy and I had a bunch of work issues to sort out. It was too late on a Friday for this sort of drama. Unbelievably, this route through civilization probably only took ten more minutes than the boondocks route I usually take. My Polar told me there was an additional hundred feet of elevation gain, which is odd, since it seemed like much more.

No comments: