Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Northfield Excuses, Lame Excuses

Northfield Crit Report-

OK- Last year I was pulled from this race- and less than a week later placed 6th or 8th or something like that at Hopkins. This year just didn't feel right. I completely blew up, and for some strange reason, my heart rate was hovering around 135 a half hour later when I was in my car. My body was not its normal self. Blame it on lack of training, but hey, I tried.

This summer has felt like a long vacation. We went to Paris, Chicago, Alaska, had two long visits from relatives staying with us. It has been a wonderful summer, but I haven't been able to follow much of a structured training program. Frankly, family is and should be, more important than amateur racing. At work, the receptionist was joking that I don't work there anymore. At least I have Hopkins next week, then the Rosemount series begins on Tuesdays. There is plenty more suffering to endure.

No comments: