Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Rosemount Crit- Week One

OK, that's more like it. It was hotter than hell and neither shade nor breeze to cool things down. Tonight I raced the Master's 4/5. I was a bit tired from the past two days, but figured everyone else would be beaten up from Sunday. I didn't win or place, but I finished with the pack. I took an early pull (bad idea) and caught some wind here and there, but I might as well work to make things interesting. The course was rather fast- there were no crazy turns set up this week. Rosemount is on a closed driving course where people learn how to drive trucks and where police practice high speed chases. Each week, they use pylons to set up slightly different courses. This was my kind of course.

I didn't have the legs to do a second race- so I watched as two teammates were taken out by a racer taking a bad line out of a corner in the 35+ race. Crashing sucks.

When I returned home and downloaded the heartrate data, my average heart rate for the race was 180- a new record average, if I recall. My high was 193. I love it when everything pops in place and I don't blow up. Maybe next week I'll be more rested and can use smarter tactics. Then again, everyone is probably thinking that right about now.

No comments: