Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Lost My Mind

The last two days I have resumed biking to work. It was a nice tough to be on new wheels and fresh rubber. I was worried that I was spoiled from driving the first few weeks of January, but I quickly readjusted. The past two days, the weather has been very close to freezing, and rainy all day. For some reason, it doesn't bother me in the least. I purchased a Helly Hansen base layer with a gift card from work. It really is no warmer than any of the other base layers, but it is new-- like the wheels and tires. New is better? I haven't been cold at all. Actually, I overheat from my cheap (non-breathable) rain gear. I am beginning to wonder if we will ever see snow here.

Tonight there was hail and high winds during a stretch of the commute home. I felt like my nose was going to be ripped off my face as the sharp ice blasted away at it. I started taking a new route to and from work-- almost entirely off-road and off-pavement. Granted I have to ride through a dark forest and across a muddy pasture, but it is far more interesting than taking the back road by the potato fields.

I guess I am surprised how well I have adjusted to the weather.

No comments: