Tuesday, August 02, 2005

HEAT!

It is forecast to be in the mid 90s this afternoon for the Rosemount Crit- at the treeless, shadeless driving course. My hayfever is driving me nuts, and I'm hoping for no respiratory issues during the race. Apparently last week I came in 14th out of 28- which is exactly the story of my racing life- right in the middle. I didn't know they counted us that deep. Maybe I'll work a bit harder tonight. I'm tempted to try something a bit crazy, like a suicidal break.

After tonight, there is one more race remaining this season- Sunday, again at Rosemount. At least this course isn't kicking my ass like last year. Oddly, I'm beginning to welcome the idea that racing will be over, and I can spend more time commuting and generally enjoying riding my bike. There is never a disappointment associated with my riding to work results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

other than having to actually arrive at work, which does make me ride much slower in the am