Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Miscellaneous Updates

The CEO is out of town- which is usual for summer. Yesterday, her assistant left a group voice mail on the administrative team's voice mail that we are having our meeting today, but that I'll be leading it. That fact that I'm leading the meeting should definitely have been left out of the message. Today is the day that I'm announcing that I'll be leaving the company. Of course, now my peers are paranoid, since we never have the admin meeting without the CEO, and the CEO always runs the meeting. Several members the "team" were asking me what the meeting was about. My sense is they are suddenly concerned that I've risen to an elevated position of power in the company. My answer has been a light "if I told you what the meeting was about, we wouldn't need to have the meeting" sort of response. If they only knew... and they will. They will be so relieved that the status quo will not be upset that they won't have a single care about my departure, until they realize how that alone affects the status quo. It is probably better that way. At least with the passage of some time, I'm a lot less emotional about the matter.

Back to bikes- I'm leaning toward downtube shifters for the frankenbike. It occurred to me that I could use a clamp on shifter, and that since I have no cable bosses either, bar ends would also require clamp on cable guides. I really want to keep this one simple. Also, I tested a 130mm wheel in the frame, and I managed to squeeze it in. My newest crazy idea is to use an extra Ultegra 9-speed derailleur- probably in friction mode. This should be compatible with all wheels. Total cost of the project should drop to $20.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Another option would be to run continuous housing, if you wanted the shifters on the bars bad enough...

Anonymous said...

OMG spammed penny stock tips in blog comments? What a trash heap this Internet has turned into. I'm calling for martial law.