Thursday, August 11, 2005

New Route

I took a different route home. I took Otto to West Seventh to Montreal and then Ford Parkway to my usual route after the Ford Bridge. It is more direct than following the river as it dips south. It probably shaved off close to twenty minutes from my commute. Of course, Montreal is a huge hill, but that keeps things interesting. Also Ford Parkway is a bit crazy to bike during rush hour, but that also keeps me on my toes.

While waiting for a light near my home, I asked a guy on a scooter if it was electric. He said it was- that it didn't need any gas. I tapped my bike, and reminded him I didn't need gas either. It turned out he lived almost across the street from me. We had a conversation about the neighborhood and our home sale. He was an interesting character. As we were talking, a group of kids were going door to door selling something- presumably magazine subscriptions. I don't know why they always use kids- it seems rather exploitative. It is worse than telemarketing.

No comments: