Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rosemount- Week 4- Suffer fest

OK, it was a bit hot, but I was ready for it. What I wasn't ready for was my chain dropping twice on the first lap. This has never happened to me before.

Let me back up. I think it was Nestvold who took off like a maniac from the start. What does he think this is? A mountain bike race? Anyway, I dropped my chain, pulled off, fixed the chain, but the damage was already done. Then it happened again. I was so angry and frustrated that I refused to quit. I watched as others peeled off the back, fade, then leave the race. I was going to use this as a workout. I actually discovered that I may have some potential as a time trialist. I never was lapped, and I held a respectable average speed. My frustration has, however, raised my ambivalence about racing again Sunday.

No comments: