Monday, September 12, 2005

Cars For Sale

We posted both cars last night on carsoup and craig's list. In looking at the book value of my car, it probably makes sense to sell it now anyway- it has a $10,000 trade-in value (and it is paid off). My mind wandered to thoughts that I could really upgrade if I traded it in right now- without an increase in car payments. Of course, that would merely be a status symbol. We could really upgrade if we consolidated our payments and only owned one car. But of course, we are selling both. I have had a car since 1988. While on one hand, the idea of being without a car is liberating, it works against years of car ownership ingrained into my life. It seems that everyone in the Twin Cities owns a car. Then again, selling it is literally money in the bank.

I rode to work this morning, knowing full well that it will storm on my way home. I am paying penance for unknown transgressions today. It was a beautiful sunrise this morning, and more bikes than usual out and about. We might as well enjoy this unseasonably warm weather- even if it is a bit wet. Yesterday, Lise and I went on an hour and a half ride, and using my Flight Deck lap counter, I encountered 185 other cyclists. These days are numbered.

3 comments:

hereNT said...

Hope you stayed dry - somehow I missed the storm by like 5 min on my way home...

filtersweep said...

If you are talking about last night, you missed the REAL storm.

hereNT said...

I'm pretty sure it was the real storm that I missed - I work second shift, so I was riding home a little after 10pm, which was when it rolled through Uptown. I wasn't sure how much it had rained earlier, since it was just sprinkling on the way in, then everything was wet when I went out to smoke later in the day...