Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nice Day

Today started with the uncomfortable sensation of my having to share an office with my replacement. Granted, it was her first day, and I was training her, but no blogging from work- probably from now on. It's just as well. I'm not paid to blog.

I attended a work meeting at the County- one of our larger contracts. The CEO accompanied me, since she'll need to pick up the ball in my absence. Most folks there don't really know her or who she is. It was really nice that several people from the County went out of their way to mention that they'll miss me, what a great job I've done, etc.- especially in front of my supervisor. I rarely hear the good stuff, and I work in a rather thankless industry. This was the silver lining to the mass email that went out the other day.

After leaving work early, I went on a bit of a ride. I rode to The Hub- which is hands down, the coolest shop in the area. I purchased a cheapo freewheel remover so I can swap cogs on the frankenbike. That bike is like walking a puppy- it received two cool compliments. I was hideously dressed in baggies, mountain bike shoes, a Puma shirt, helmet, and the geeky mirror. Only at the hub can that elicit not one, but two comments. Anywhere else and I'm the invisible man.

No comments: