Friday, September 30, 2005

I Hate Spellcheck

I won't even go into the mechanics associated with spellcheck, but rather how lazy it makes me. As I occasionally re-read old entries, I often notice little typos that contain actual words. For example, I'll use the word is rather that its. Or the rather than then or even then rather than than.

Part of the problem is that Firefox appears to have an aversion to the blogger pre-built spell checker, and I have an aversion to IE. I usually cut and paste my entries using Word. Spellcheck makes me lazy. I rely on it too much. MS was not designed around the dysfunctions of my brain that works far faster then I can type- or rather than I can type. My brain transposes the correct words when I proof-read my entires... or rather entries. You get the idea. To make matters works, or rather worse, I think I sent off a cover letter than (that) ended a sentence mid-stream. No spelling errors, but rather an abrupt end.

This entry was not checked for any errors in spelling, grammar, or content. I know it is a bit late for this caveat, but please read at your won (own) risk!

1 comment:

Funknuggets said...

you read my mind sometimes... you know what I hate is that despite the fact that spellcheck makes me lazy... is that I so think that spellcheck is so precise, I dont even look sometimes at the changes it makes and it makes for some peculiar sentences. For instance one time... I guess I fat-fingered "parked" in the phrase I was describing in a crit I was in where I just sat on the back of the pack... I said I "parked in the rear" and spellcheck changed it to "porked in the rear"... yeah... that got some interesting responses.... geez.