Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Donut Man Part Three

Creatures of habit- I was riding along the Parkway east of Cedar when an SUV tried giving me the right hook. I saw it coming this time, with my mirror. Imagine my chagrin when I noted the plates and make/model of the vehicle. Donut Man returneth! There was a bus parked in front of the bakery. He took the corner wide as I crossed the intersection and stopped. He parked as I watched. I wanted to take a good look at him. I'd seen him as he as sitting in his vehicle, but never out in the open. Lets just say that his affinity for donuts was apparent. Oddly, he was oblivious to my presence. I didn't yell at him, didn't shout out his name, never confronted him- I completely let it go. Best of all, as I continued my commute, I wasn't pestered with intrusive thoughts about what I should have done. It was barely a speed bump in an otherwise beautiful morning.

No comments: