Wednesday, September 28, 2005

What's a Little Rain?


I was up at 5:30 and checked the weather. Rain appeared inevitable, despite the 50% chance at the time. I checked the window. No rain outside. I opened the door. One of our cats snuck outside. This is not his normal behavior. I chased him back inside wearing my underwear. We were both lucky he wasn’t playing too many games with me this morning.

Anyway, I debated a long time- wasted time. I finally decided to go for it. I have class tonight, so I can’t ride later, and we canceled our health club memberships since we rarely go in the summer (and we are moving). I knew I’d be jumping out of my skin if I didn’t get some sort of exercise.

I left at about 6:20. About a mile from home I felt tiny raindrops when I adjusted my clothing (I was quite overdressed). I contemplated heading back, but thought it would just sprinkle. By the time I reached the river it was coming down quite steadily. I stopped by Highway 55 and put on my raincoat. In Fort Snelling I decided to try the rain pants. Soon I was pedaling along Shepard Road, in a dark, dreary rain. I decided it really wasn’t so bad.

By the time I made it to downtown Saint Paul, my feet were soaked. At this point I was more concerned about my ride home. I made it to work with plenty of time. Everything is wet- and will hopefully dry out by this afternoon. If it does, it truly will have been worth it.

3 comments:

Funknuggets said...

I love it. I can check the weather up north by checking your blog. Sorry its rained so much lately. My Look 381i woke up this morning with a cracked frame... or actually it looks like the tt is backing out from the lug... so one carbon frame out the window... or on the trainer for life. So, its fitting it is raining today... Im sad on both fronts.

filtersweep said...

That is scary- I basically have the same frame. You have my deepest sympathies!

filtersweep said...

Funny... "up north" usually means Canada if you are from around here.