Monday, October 10, 2005

Automotive Woes

We had brunch with my best friend from high school and his wife, who was 9 months pregnant. It was very cool. I had not seen him since sometime in the 80s. I was a bit uncomfortable driving there in the Audi, but we ended up walking to the restaurant. When we returned home, Lise noticed that the tabs officially expire tomorrow. I called my boss, since she was taking it on a road trip overnight- leaving tomorrow from work. She thought the tabs were at work. In the conversation she mentioned that she'd be loaning us the Porsche, rather than the Navigator. This Porsche is maybe a few months old. Our neighbors will be talking. I could really get into living "the borrowed life." Again, it really eases the sting of selling our cars.

3 comments:

Funknuggets said...

dude, you are killing me. This wrapping up of life and cars and such is like you are preparing to serve a prison sentence or something. It must be weird, for sure. Sorry for the car, I get oddly emotionally attached to inanimate things too. Good News on the Look 381i front. Veltec has the frame and may offer me a new one... or at least a cheap upgrade!!!

filtersweep said...

When is the last time you were car free? For me it was 1987... or was it 88? Who really remembers the 80s anyway?

Nathan said...

Who are these people loaning out Audi A6s, Lincoln Navigators, and Porsches? And to a car-free mofo such as yourself! My mind boggles. ;)