Monday, October 10, 2005

Cold As It Ever Was

It was cold this morning- maybe upper 30s when I left. It is even colder when I make the abrupt transition from a warm bed to the predawn windchill of riding a bike. By the time I made it to the river, I was warmed up and overdressed. I love panniers. I can easily adjust my clothing. Last year I was backpacking it, and the bag would become overstuffed as I warmed up.

My white bird friend was waiting for me on the fence by 35E. Just as I was thinking about him, he appeared. I stopped, lamented that I didn't bring a camera. I grabbed my phone to take a photo. As I walked closer he flew away, singing an unusual song. He certainly must be someone's pet. I thought how sad it was that it order to rescue him, so that he could survive, someone would have to catch him. He would never allow it. At least he wasn't wearing a bird diaper. One of these days he'll probably freeze to death, if he doesn't starve.

The one-eared rabbit was nowhere to be found. It has been weeks. I'm quite sure he is dead. Rabbits don't just relocate like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went online the other day and I found for our two grandchildren wonderful party items at PARTYPOOPERS.com!
It was fantastic!
I'm recommending them to all my friends and favorite blog sites!