Saturday, October 08, 2005

Odd Juxtaposition

Today I rode to the bank with $2300 in $100 bills and a nice bank check for the car sale to make a rather substantial deposit. I'm sure I looked like quite the freak in my commuter bike gear, loitering in the lobby on a busy Friday.

Later I rode about 15 miles to pick up the Audi. Nothing could be better for my soul than to be driving this engineering marvel. This A6 Avant has everything. It is far more car than my loaded Toyota. Monday we'll swap it for the Lincoln. Lise and I are seriously contemplating driving it to Mexico to deliver it to my boss. The longer we can avoid living out of suitcases the better- and a vacation/fun in the sun is definitely not just living out of suitcases. Life just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

No comments: