Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Interviews and Sunrise

My wife has two interviews today, and I think I am more nervous than she is. I am sure she will do fine. One interview is just down the hill by the grocery store.

The temperature should reach 50 today. That is almost like summer- except that the sun rises at 8:47 and sets at 4:00 pm today. Back in the Twin Cities is rises at 7:21 and sets at 4:37- and the forecast is for a high of 43. Sometimes I just have to gloat- with what little I have to gloat about, concerning the weather.

I have been here twice before during the winter solstice, so I know what to expect. Of course, those occasions were when we traveled here just before Christmas, and I was thoroughly jet-lagged. That meant we awoke around noon and caught two or three hours of sunlight. Those were dark days.

It seems Christmas items have recently popped up in stores. Granted, it is almost December, but it seems much less commercialized around here. Many stores place some sort of candle-like lights outside by their doors. I don't know why I like them so much, other than that they add a cozy touch to the ambience.

This weekend we are heading back out to Kvitsøy for two parties. Lise's uncle, whose family visited us this summer, is turning 45. Also, the Kvitsøy Idrettslag (KIL) is having some sort of party that involves a lobster feast. I will probably need my suit dry cleaned by the time it is all said and done. It will be held at the KIL, where we had our wedding reception. As expensive as it is, I was hoping it had an open bar.

No comments: