Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Worthy Reads

My wife religiously reads this- sometimes helping me to edit or to catch an odd typo. She also ensures that I don't take too much poetic license in my writing. Since many of these entries are shared experiences, I think she enjoys reading my perspective. That isn't to say that this is the only medium through which we communicate! On several occasions I had encouraged her to write a "guest entry," but she was not interested. She has only once posted a comment- and even then, anonymously. Eventually she mentioned that she wanted to begin her own blog. That finally happened, and it can be found here: Stavanger Girl. It offers another perspective, largely on our move to Norway. Best of all, it is written in English.

Another interesting blog is Up In Alaska. Earlier this year we spent a week in Alaska, and we both fell in love with it, although I don't think moving to Norway is considered much of a compromise. In many ways, both locales share much in common: fjords, mountains, temperate coastal environments, petroleum-based economies, dark winters, and rugged inhabitants. Anyway, Jill is a very interesting writer, and her blog is full of beautiful photos. And she bikes.

Finally, on a note of irony, I finally set up Firefox for spellcheck. Apparently its built-in pop-up blocker blocked the spellcheck window from opening. Anyway, keep in mind that this is part of blogspot and blogger.com- somehow, spellcheck chokes on the word blog itself.

Double finally, did you know that you can change google's language preferences to Klingon or Elmore Fudd? It is under the Intewface Wanguage selection under options. Perhaps it isn't the most clever thing in the world, but at least it shows someone there has a sense of humor.

No comments: