Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Survived Last Night (Not suitable for breakfast reading)

We have no sofa yet. Since we were both ill, we moved the mattress into the living room so we could watch TV (there is no cable hookup in the bedroom). It was like having a slumber party of misery. Apparently there was something going around Kvitsøy that probably was more of a flu than food poisoning. All I know is that it hit hard and fast. I was very hungry by evening, and ate a few pieces of bread. I normally have a cast iron stomach. Let's just say I couldn't keep everything down. That probably hasn't happened since I was a child. At least my stomach felt better. We watched a ton of Friends videos, then Law and Order Criminal Intent and CSI Miami on broadcast TV. I was shivering with the chills for several hours. I had a headache from being dehydrated and probably having a fever. I was sweating like crazy. I actually slept well, and woke at 8am, feeling completely normal. It is the strangest thing. I have no idea what this was, but it is finally over.

We woke up to a blanket of snow. I might try to take a few photos later. There will be no biking today, which is just as well. Oddly, the night I became sick, I had biked three hours in almost freezing temperatures. I rode out to a lighthouse with Lise's brother. Sunday I will be biking with an American and British guy. The American is married to the daughter of our landlord. I have no idea who the British man is. It is good to meet new people.

On a final note, I have an interview on Monday. I don't want to go into too many details, other than to say I am somewhat skeptical of this company. Hopefully an interview will clear up any concerns. Then again, I really am not in a place where I can be too choosy about where I work or what I do. At least their email was written in English (telling me where and when I need to show up- regardless of my availability).

No comments: