Friday, November 25, 2005

Sviland Ride

The sun was almost shining when I left. It was bright enough that I wore my sunglasses for the first time since arriving. The temperature was in the low 40s. I headed south through Sandnes, then followed a series of roads through a forest into a tiny town. I took an arterial route out and back along some "hills." I knew I didn't have time to follow the road all the way, as we have to leave a 4pm to catch the ferry to Kvitsøy. Going out was slow. It seemed the wind was in my face the entire way, although there wasn't much wind. It wasn't until I headed back to Sviland that I realized much of it was a false flat. It seemed that I coasted for several kilometers. I followed the rest of the original loop up to Rte. 13, which became busier and busier as it approached Sandes. I was getting worried, since it had no shoulder, but plenty of huge trucks that looked like they were straight out of a Rammstein video. At that point, a bike lane magically appeared, and I had an easy ride back to Sandnes, then home.












A bus stop- literally in the middle of nowhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics and story! Your recent adventures makes me more and more excited about moving to Germany with my wife and kids after grad school!

dave