Monday, December 19, 2005

Icy Day

Today I walked to the dyreklinikk to pick up cat food. We ran out last night, and I tried to satisfy those guys with crackers, but it didn't do much for them. I also picked up a package from my parents. We are lucky to live so close to everything we need.

I then made an appointment to fix the car we are borrowing. I think it just needs a new alternator belt, and I don't have the tools to fix it myself. Anyway, it is only a belt, so it shouldn't cost too much. I found a repair shop nearby. Hopefully we can jump start it tomorrow or Wednesday. I then started renter's insurance. I was able to do everything over the phone. I discovered another glitch with IP phones. Our caller ID comes up as Oslo, so when I dialed the "800 number" I was automatically sent to their office. After a bit of confusion speaking to someone who spoke no English, I finally spoke with someone in Stavanger who hooked us up.

I spent the rest of the day shopping and moving boxes around. It is rather overwhelming living in the midst of this mess. Hopefully I can ride tomorrow.

No comments: