Saturday, December 10, 2005

Weather for Ducks

It was almost 50F today, although it felt much colder with the wind and rain. It was very foggy, so no photos. I headed out to Harfsfjord today, then took the road to Randaberg to explore. I suddenly came across another body of water. It made no sense that it was the sea already, but it was too foggy for me to have any bearings. It turned out that I found Stokkavatnet, a series of very cool lakes. It looked like Canada. Also, I have never seen so many ducks just hanging out. There were a few maps posted for hikers, so I was able to make my way to Tasta, then took the route through downtown Stavanger and back home.

I need to fix my bike. At present I have a singlespeed- with a 42X16 as my lowest gear. It is definitely too tall for these hills. I have an old twist tooth cassette, and I can't isolate the cause of all the autoshifting and chain dropping. Next week I'll have all my tools and a work stand, so it should be much easier. Also, before moving I outfitted this bike with all new brake pads. I had to stop twice today to readjust the calipers. This place eats brakes. I already need all new ones. I hate to think what my rims must be going through. Anyway, I was completely soaked when I returned home, but it was good to be outside, despite the rain.

No comments: