Friday, December 16, 2005

Long Day

My day started off with a 9am job interview- a second interview. The owner, CFO and CIO interviewed me, and started the interview in Norwegian. What is a guy to do? He wanted to assess my Norwegian, as well as see how I did under pressure. I received quite good feedback, but I was really put on the spot. The interview went very well. I won't say any more about it, lest I jinx myself.

When I arrived home, I was told the shipping container was on its way. I had just enough time to change out of my clothes when the doorbell rang. The moving crew was already here. At that point I learned that the container should have been delivered at 9am- that apparently is WAS delivered- somewhere else. Nobody knew where exactly. Eventually they located it and dropped it off- literally. Unlike in the US where it stayed on the truck, they placed the container on the ground in the parking lot across the street. This meant that there was no need for a ramp.

We had a great crew of three guys who reassembled all of our furniture. Everything arrived without a scratch. It is truly amazing. I have all my stuff- and there is a ton of it. Actually all 3800lbs of it. Our apartment is as spacious as a submarine, since we still have all the borrowed furniture jammed in here. We have a lot of work to do.

By the way, I am typing this on my own computer. Since it is a US keyboard, I need to readjust to the punctuation key differences. Anyway, I need to get back to work. Life is good, and I should have a job before Christmas. Best of all, we have a sofa to watch TV from!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Dude - congratulations on receiving your stuff completely intact!