Friday, December 09, 2005

Wishing for a Mountain Bike

I took a series of service roads that access the power lines above one of the tunnels- probably not the best place to take bike with skinny road tires. I have been having trouble with my deraileur lately- the housing sometimes becomes caught on the rack bolt, causing it to shift out of gear, or worse, to drop the chain. This happened as I put all my weight on the pedal, causing a bit of a crash. Good news was that I missed the pile of horse manure on the trail. Bad news is that the slider on my camera broke. I had it in my back pocket, and I pretty much landed on it. It still works, and I am sure I can find a replacement part. Anyway, it was a nice warm, dry day again. It really isn't so bad being jobless when I have this much time to play outside.





3 comments:

Pete said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pete said...

EP - A 29er would suit you well and give you some versatility with tire size. You can run anything from a CX tire to a full blown 2.3 inch mtb tire. Surly's Karate Monkey is a great buy.

Speaking of Surly, I bought a Surly Pugsley snow bike with the 4 inch wide tires as an early Christmas present to myself. Mucho fun on the snowy river bottoms out my back yard.

filtersweep said...

A Pugsley? Don't they take motorcycle tires?

I was comtemplating a Surly of some sort- although I was somewhat concerned about riding another steel bike around here. Regardless, I need something else.