Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Amersterdam

We arrived in Amsterdam, and it is strange to be able to enjoy this city without overwhelming jetlag (as we did four years ago). I turned on the hotel TV to see if they dubbed or captioned, and was greeted with live coverage of professional cycling (Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen) on some Belgium network.

Coming from Norway, everything is dirt cheap here- especially the beer. If you have never been to Amsterdam, there are literally more bikes than cars here- although I have seen no road bikes and no bike helmets. I will post photos later, but we are going out to eat a real meal. I have had the pleasure of this several times with work. Lise hasn't been so lucky. I will post odd commuter bike photos later. It is nice have fast internet- and even better that it is free. Until later--

No comments: