Monday, April 24, 2006

India

I am thoroughly annoyed with the Indian embassy in Oslo. It took them a week to find my passport, so I am playing it safe and delaying this trip for a week. Everyone I have spoken to has given me a conflicting answer about cost of the visa and the timeline. By postponing it a week, I won't lose the holiday. Apparently May Day means something around here.

I am also rather annoyed with a coworker who insisted on driving in Germany. I rented the vehicle. Today I received a camera speeding ticket (yes- in Germany) and it clearly shows him driving and it was dated the date he drove. The funny part is that it is only 25 euro- which is one tenth the cost of a Norwegian speeding ticket. I remember warning him to slow down, and even remember what I thought was a flash (it was at night). Of course my name is on the ticket, and it is entirely written in German. I haven't a clue what it says or whether there will or could be any points off my driving record. I am thinking not. The only justice of it all is that the accounts payable person made copies of the photos, and posted them prominently throughout our office. Apparently, due to data privacy, my face was completely obscured by a large white square, since I was not driving.

No comments: