Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Disjointed Musings

I took the long way home from work- like an hour out of my way. Yesterday I needed the car for an appointment for my travel vaccinations, so I drove. Monday we needed to meet at the bank for our house, so I drove. I would much rather ride to work. At first I lamented how close to work we live- maybe 15 minutes by bike. Traffic is so bad that it is 10 minutes by car or bus, and bus is a little on the expensive side. A short ride means no shower is necessary, but it also means less of a workout. I can always add distance either direction. The beauty in this is that in Minneapolis, living 20 miles from work meant some serious commuting if the weather was nasty. Here it is manageable, and the weather- short of ice on the road- won't keep me off my bike. When I returned, I noticed the package slip that is the Banjo Brothers Bags. I will slip down to the convenience store, which also serves as the neighborhood post office. I really don't look forward to rain to properly field test these waterproof bags, but it is surely inevitable.

On my way home I headed around Stokkavatnet. I really should have a mountainbike, but I made it with my commuter. There are all sorts of aquatic birds that hang out down there- I really miss my raptor buddies in Minnesota.

Yesterday I encountered five or six road bikers on my journey to Dale, which was encouraging.

I must remember to rant about the Embassy from India, but now it is time for food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are in Delhi, and have some time, check out the embassy district there after seeing the rest of the city - you can't believe it's the same city.

Give the panniers a beating.