Sunday, April 30, 2006

May Day is Race Day

OK, tomorrow I am "participating" in the 65K Mairittet. It is practically flat, even by my standards. I hesitate to use the word "competing." I was initially scheduled to be in India, so I have made no preparations for this race, other than general riding around, and three rides this year on my Look. So this should be interesting. My legs generally ache, but my cold or allergies or whatever seem to be clearing up. I don't think there really is a worst case scenario when I am so new to the scene here.

The race begins and ends near here- which is nice. Many road races end in different cities or completely different parts of the country. From the looks of things, this race more closely resembles many of the WISPORT events. I welcome that style of event at the moment. Lise will also be riding in it. We should both have a good time. It should be better than listening to the Labor Party leaders shouting from a soap box in the town square.

No comments: