Saturday, April 15, 2006

Word to Ex-Local Bloggers

Listen: if you want me to continue reading your blogs in Minneapolis, do not post how it has been 75 degrees all week . Less than a week ago I was biking in snow. I don't need you rubbing it in.

I am finally exploring local cycling clubs. I think I may have a problem with the local Stavanger club, as their spring race schedule looks to be comprised exclusively of Belgium kermasses. I have no place in these events- as they are comprised of a high number of ex-localish pros. It is a different world. The clubs seem more oriented for junior development- not for "veterens" such as me. The Norway events seem geared toward one extreme or the other- either citizen events, or international races. My racing may be finished. All I want is a Tuesday night series to carry me through the summer. Maybe I will need to be a crazy American and attempt to organize such an event through a club. With Tor Hushold, maybe if I build it they will come? I am looking to join Team Aktiv- even if my goals may be different than a 540km ride through the mountains (in one day).

6 comments:

hereNT said...

If it's any consolation, I've been stuck inside working on my house and taxes all weekend and haven't really been able to enjoy it. I'll be out on the sat night ride tonight, and it's looking more and more like it's going to rain...

Sascha said...

We had a 20 mph headwind all the way to Farmington if that makes you feel any better???

And I have a sunburn...

But don't complain too much mister. I seem to recall it being nice over there long after it got ubercrappy over here ;)

filtersweep said...

"Nice" is such a relative term when comparing winter in Norway to winter in Minnesota, don't you think? ;)

MN has definitely surpassed Stavanger in weather- although we will have more daylight for months.

Taxes? Another "perk" about life abroad is that I have an extra two months to put off filing.

Regular Guest said...

You should also check out http://www.fladepedal.no/. Why not join them both? TeamAktiv is a private club, so there shouldn't be any conflict of interests in any kind.

When it comes to racing, you can join Turritt (http://www.turritt.com/termin.htm) and bedriftsritt (http://www.turritt.com/termin2.htm). If you manage to join them all, you're good!

Fladepedal also arranges two weekend tours for their members (and friends). Check their HP for more info.

regards,

Anonymous said...

Um, it's terrible here in Minneapolis.
Horrible snow-nadoes and hurri-storms.
Avoid riding here if you can.

The 90 mile an hour headwinds are a
pain too.

My blog, by the way:
http://www.livejournal.com/aliensporebomb

-aliensporebomb

Nathan said...

Minnesota is warm? Who knew?!