Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Note on Gasoline

I guess oil prices are rising. I did a little math, I realized we are already paying about $6.72US per gallon for gasoline in Norway (about 11,50nok/liter). Sorry that I don't have more sympathy if prices reach $3.50 or whatever in the US- but of course, it also means they will approach $8.00+ US here. Prices are big news here as well. I am thankful we do not (and will not) need to drive to work. The news reports that since earning power is better in Norway, Norwegian work less time per liter than any other western European countries. For some mysterious reason, in parts of eastern Europe, gas in very inexpensive- probably cheaper than in the US. Then again, it would be a long way to drive to fill up.

Actually, in re-reading this post, I am a little freaked out that I picked up this much watching the Norwegian news. I think I probably know more than I think I know, if you know what I mean. Actually, I am quite concerned about fuel prices as they relate to air travel. I guess we all protect our own self-interests.

No comments: