Saturday, April 22, 2006

Flashback

I stumbled across my own blog when reviewing my webstats- from my final month in the US. Of course it reads backwards. It is freaky thinking about being in that state of mind again... giving everything up and leaving everything behind for the unknown. I certainly was prepared for the worst- which fortunately never came. It is interesting to think about where I've been and what I have gone through. A photo album really wouldn't capture the mood or provide enough narrative.It is ironic that I couldn't maintain a "journal" for more than two days (as was evidenced in my Norwegian class last fall).

I wonder what will become of all the millions of blogs at some point in the distant future. There will be a landfill of information for sociologists to comb through. Of course most will be the noisy garbage of teenagers' My Space pages, but they have their own merits. Will college students be forced to read a few choice blogs as literature, or as a snapshot into life in the distant past? Will they seem as distant as reading Beowulf today?

No comments: