Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sunset Madness

Part of my weather anxiety is because the sun already sets at 9PM. It should be 80ish in Minnesota about the time there is that much daylight- not 40-something. It really feels strange- like being near the equator on a hot day and the sun sets at 6- with no twighlight. Here it is the exact opposite, and it plays mind games with me. It just doesn't feel right.

I almost put my Look together- finally. I am missing the smallest of parts- a new chain pin. I am using a Dura Ace chain on this bike- the only non-SRAM chain in the stable. I distinctly remember buying three pins before we moved. I distinctly have no clue where I taped them. There are probably with my wife's bike- a ferry ride away. I have a sore throat- so no ride tonight.

I finally booked a flight to India. I also mailed in my passport for my visa. My fingers are crossed that I will receive the passport before I am scheduled to leave. It makes life interesting. I spent some time today exploring the local race schedule. I think I will survive. It is just as well that there is a different style of races here, as I don't think this new job will afford me the free time I had in Minnesota. I think I will survive. Special thanks goes out to bike guru and cool neighbor, Sjur, who quietly has been my lifeline to cycling resources around here.

No comments: