Friday, April 28, 2006

Digital Camera Woes

We cannot wait until we can move. Our guest bedroom is a storage locker. Lise's bike is joining the fray tomorrow. It is so bad we are keeping our winter wheels indoors.
Note the glowing reflective piping on the Banjo Brother's seat bag. They thought of everything.

I am still using the phone camera. Our digital camera has never been the same since I crashed with it in my jersey pocket back in November, ripping off the slider on the back- the one moving part in the entire camera. Canon has an replacement policy where for $150 we can obtain a refurbished SD400. The trouble is that it is only valid to US addresses, so we would need to send our clunker to my parents. Canon will send the "new" camera, then my parents will send the clunker back to Canon in their postage paid box, and send us the "new" one. I haven't even brought this up to my parents. My guess is that international postage will push the total price close to $200 for a camera that is not new, and that we cannot chose. I don't think our memory cards would be compatible either. For an extra $100-150 we could probably buy a comparable camera locally. Regardless, we need a camera, and an upgrade is welcome. Our S200 has more than paid for itself. I think we have taken around 7000 photos with it. No matter what, I won't have a proper camera for the India trip. I guess that means that I will have to make another trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - it's suddha from Minneapolis.

We had similar bad luck with our digital camera (dropped it down a waterfall) and recently bought an Olympus Stylys 720 SW. Shockproof, waterproof. 7.1mp. Small - good for cycling excursions. Wasn't too expensive either. I recommend it.

Enjoy India!