Monday, April 17, 2006

Second Day of Easter

Today is the day after Easter, another holiday in the holy state of Norway. The entire country is shut down except for transportation, like ferries, airlines, and gas stations. I made it out for an early ride- same route as yesterday. I figure that after I take it a few times, it will seem shorter. On my ride, I encountered three group rides- so maybe there is some hope.

On my way back, I noticed huge black clouds over Stavanger- the type that would mean a tornado warning back in MN. Not more than five minutes after I arrived home, it started sleeting- for all of five minutes. I can already see the sun poking through the clouds. For the life of me, I cannot read the weather here. Also, it can be so localized as to change from neighborhood to neighborhood. In Minneapolis, if it were a real rain, it rained on the just and unjust alike. Here, I am not so sure.

2 comments:

Funknuggets said...

dark clouds...ominous... it means its tax day here in the states. How exactly does that work? Did you have to file, or did you have to take care of it before you left?

filtersweep said...

I have not filed. I have two extra months as a citizen living abroad. I plan to wait a few weeks- but I should figure out if I owe anything.