Thursday, April 13, 2006

Random Photos

This bike had a front seat for a kid, and a little fairing to offer even more wind resistence and a better workout. Not the best photo, but I am using my phone, as my battery in the real camera had an untimely death.

A very strange front wheel-drive three wheel truck.

We saw plenty of these front racks that could probably hold a piano.

The world's tallest stem. Seems quite dangerous- if you were a mtn or road biker.

Seems every bridge looks the same. We took a little canal tour and I noticed on one of the "old" brick bridges that it was built in 1989. I guess that is last century.

I haven't a clue what this is for.

I saw one person wearing a helmet- and he looked to be mentally ill. Everyone bikes in "civilian clothing." In Norway, most people "dress up" and everyone wears a helmet- then again, we have real weather.
Many bikes had vinyl panniers. I don't know what kind of racks these bikes have, but we saw many adults riding on the back, side-saddle.

Something in blue?

I didn't even bother with the acres of bikes outside the train station- there is literally a parking ramp for bikes. This place is famous for that. It is strange how walking down the street, there are streetcars, pedestrians, and bikes- that is about it. It is not a car-friendly city in the downtown ring.

2 comments:

Funknuggets said...

nice pics man! Maybe I can convince the wifer to come over some time. This is wayyyy off subject, but how is the athletes foot? I guess for some relieve, it wont matter what form it comes in... and I dont have your email so this is my mechanism. You can try the medical route... you need a topical allylamine... .like naftifine or terbinafine (a topical antifungal) these have a cure rate in the 3-12 week range. These reportedly work marginally better than topical azoles(clotrimazole, miconazole nitrate, tioconazole).

Now if you want to go a more organic route. The witchdoctor on the corner... who also once cured a ringworm with cigarette ashes and a stick says that organic gardening cornmeal will work.... you put it in a dish and soak your feet every night. I really questioned this until I looked online and found this: http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=18

you have to read to the bottom... but good luck.

-the funk

filtersweep said...

My foot is suddenly in a bad way- like it has exploded. I stopped in at a Dutch pharmacy to pick up a tube of miconazole. If it isn't better, I am heading to the doctor on Tuesday before this turns into cellulitus. It suddenly isn't so funny anymore.